San Francisco News
18-year-old shot near Alice Griffith housing complex
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was shot near the Alice Griffith public housing complex in San Francisco's Bayview District on Wednesday night, police said.
The shooting was reported at 9:18 p.m. near Gilman Avenue and Hawes Street.
Officers at a police substation at the housing complex heard gunshots, went outside, and found the 18-year-old victim, according to police.
The victim had been shot in the shoulder and arm and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, police said.
No arrests have been made in the case and no suspect information was immediately available this morning.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
bayview hunters point, shooting, san francisco news
- Malaysia says jet's disappearance was deliberate
- Woman found dead in Castro Valley home was shot 17 min ago
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- Police arrest woman in connection with shooting
- Crews control one-alarm house fire in Antioch 10 min ago
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday 50 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos