San Francisco News
18-year-old shot near Alice Griffith housing complex
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man was shot near the Alice Griffith public housing complex in San Francisco's Bayview District on Wednesday night, police said.
The shooting was reported at 9:18 p.m. near Gilman Avenue and Hawes Street.
Officers at a police substation at the housing complex heard gunshots, went outside, and found the 18-year-old victim, according to police.
The victim had been shot in the shoulder and arm and was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for his injuries, which are not considered life-threatening, police said.
No arrests have been made in the case and no suspect information was immediately available this morning.
Anyone with information about the shooting is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
bayview hunters point, shooting, san francisco news
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- San Francisco officer injured in crash after pursuit
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster climbs to 36 23 min ago
- Strong earthquake strikes off Papua New Guinea
- Crews search for person after boat accident in Brentwood 43 min ago
- 2 men injured in separate shootings in East Oakland 2 min ago
- CHP officer struck by hit-and-run driver on Highway 101
- Brother of man killed by drunk driver throws first pitch 36 min ago
- Young Oakland woman dies at Coachella music fest
- Scratch lotto ticket bought in Milpitas worth $1.3M
- Sacramento Co. sheriff seeks surveillance footage 23 min ago
- Brentwood police investigate armed robbery spree
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Confirmed death toll in ferry disaster...
23 min ago