San Francisco News
Tree falls across Haight Street, disrupting traffic
SAN FRANCISCO -- A large tree fell across a street near Duboce Park in San Francisco this afternoon, temporarily blocking traffic.
The tree, which fell across Haight Street, between Pierce and Scott streets, knocked down power lines and disrupted San Francisco Municipal Railway service but did not cause injuries, police said.
Police urged pedestrians and motorists to avoid the area until after 11 p.m. tonight.
muni, san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF 50 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Martinez police treating brush fire as crime scene 5 min ago
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers...
50 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos