San Francisco News
Motorcyclist leads police on chase, crashes
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A man on a motorcycle took police on a high-speed chase Monday night on Highway 101 and it nearly killed him.
The CHP says it began near Candlestick Park when a patrol car tried to stop a speeding motorcyclist. The chase did not last long. The motorcycle crashed near the Highway 101-Highway 80 split.
The man flew off his motorcycle, over the side of the ramp, and landed on Southbound 101 below. He was seriously hurt. Officers say he was going over 100 miles-per-hour.
highway 101, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 41 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
37 min ago