San Francisco News
Motorcyclist leads police on chase, crashes
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A man on a motorcycle took police on a high-speed chase Monday night on Highway 101 and it nearly killed him.
The CHP says it began near Candlestick Park when a patrol car tried to stop a speeding motorcyclist. The chase did not last long. The motorcycle crashed near the Highway 101-Highway 80 split.
The man flew off his motorcycle, over the side of the ramp, and landed on Southbound 101 below. He was seriously hurt. Officers say he was going over 100 miles-per-hour.
highway 101, san francisco news
- Mudslide causes trees to fall on power lines in Piedmont
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Arrest warrant sought for captain of sunken ferry
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Good Samaritan alerts family to burning home 51 min ago
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- FREE STUFF: Cheese; Water Exercise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body