San Francisco News
Motorcyclist leads police on chase, crashes
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A man on a motorcycle took police on a high-speed chase Monday night on Highway 101 and it nearly killed him.
The CHP says it began near Candlestick Park when a patrol car tried to stop a speeding motorcyclist. The chase did not last long. The motorcycle crashed near the Highway 101-Highway 80 split.
The man flew off his motorcycle, over the side of the ramp, and landed on Southbound 101 below. He was seriously hurt. Officers say he was going over 100 miles-per-hour.
highway 101, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal 9 min ago
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Santa makes early visit to Tenderloin school
- Woman hit by stray bullet may be paralyzed
- 1 injured in shooting at Bayfair Mall in San Leandro
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- AC Transit, unions announce tentative agreement
- What's next for Candlestick Point?
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Big Sur wildfire is fully contained
- GET FREE STUFF: Cream cheese; Bracelet set
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday