San Francisco News
New penguin chick hatches at SF Zoo
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco Zoo is welcoming the newest of four new penguin chicks to its Magellanic penguin colony.
The newest penguin chick hatched on May 20 and was conceived by Bruno and Rizzo, to adult penguins that were born at the zoo as well.
The San Francisco Zoo's penguin colony is the largest, most successful breeding colony of Magellanic penguins in any Association of Zoos and Aquariums-accredited zoo or aquarium.
animal, san francisco zoo, san francisco news
- Bicyclist killed in accident with garbage truck in SF
- New details released in police officers' murders
- Obama sees narrower terror threat, defends drones
- Thunderstorms slow Oklahoma tornado cleanup
- Man escapes early morning house fire in Pinole
- Work to begin to replace bolts on new Bay Bridge
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine, computers together 25 min ago
- Woman hit by construction van in critical condition
- SFO employee accused of stealing from luggage
- BART to vote on allowing bikes on rush hour trains
- Ohio kidnap case hero gets free McDonald's food
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: SF warehouse fire; Fatal bicyclist accident
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- 'Healthbeat' aims to bring medicine,...
25 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos