San Francisco News
Obama to return to SF for another fundraising event
Two weeks after his most recent fundraising visit to the Bay Area, President Obama will return Wednesday to campaign in San Francisco.
According to the Obama campaign, the president will speak at a luncheon held at the Julia Morgan Ballroom at the Merchants Exchange building on California Street in the city's Financial District.
General admission tickets to the daytime event cost $5,000 per person, photo reception tickets are $7,500, and the right to serve as a table captain costs $50,000.
Media outlets have reported Obama will be attending a second fundraising event in San Francisco at The Landmark at One Market. A call to campaign staff was not immediately returned.
The president will not be in San Francisco for long before he is whisked away to Los Angeles for the 2012 LGBT Leadership Council Gala, a reception set to start at 6 p.m. at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
Tickets for that event, although less costly than the San Francisco luncheon, will still set attendees back anywhere between $1,250 and $12,500 per person, with the most expensive package being a $25,000 per couple event chair designation that includes recognition in the event program, participating in a photo reception and preferred seating.
barack obama, 2012 presidential race, financial district, san francisco news
- Wounded police officer back in surgery
- Amber Alert canceled for child from Long Beach
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Conn. shooter's dad: 'You can't get any more evil'
- Drought prompts officials to release water in Delta
- Tuolumne County man found guilty in I-580 shooting
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing 26 min ago
- 6.9 earthquake rattles Northern California
- Man gets prison time in laser-pointer case
- Bill introduced to have utilities develop security plan
- Petaluma police searching for suspected drive-thru thief
- Warriors give Oakland High School students 3D printer 24 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- roundup: Tesoro chemical spill; SOMA fire
- Petaluma foster home in danger of closing
26 min ago