San Francisco News
Obama to return to SF for another fundraising event
Two weeks after his most recent fundraising visit to the Bay Area, President Obama will return Wednesday to campaign in San Francisco.
According to the Obama campaign, the president will speak at a luncheon held at the Julia Morgan Ballroom at the Merchants Exchange building on California Street in the city's Financial District.
General admission tickets to the daytime event cost $5,000 per person, photo reception tickets are $7,500, and the right to serve as a table captain costs $50,000.
Media outlets have reported Obama will be attending a second fundraising event in San Francisco at The Landmark at One Market. A call to campaign staff was not immediately returned.
The president will not be in San Francisco for long before he is whisked away to Los Angeles for the 2012 LGBT Leadership Council Gala, a reception set to start at 6 p.m. at the Beverly Wilshire Hotel.
Tickets for that event, although less costly than the San Francisco luncheon, will still set attendees back anywhere between $1,250 and $12,500 per person, with the most expensive package being a $25,000 per couple event chair designation that includes recognition in the event program, participating in a photo reception and preferred seating.
barack obama, 2012 presidential race, financial district, san francisco news
- SF marks 108th anniversary of the 1906 earthquake
- Body found on Mt. Tam believed to be missing hiker
- Consumer Reports cracks which eggs to buy
- Doctors: 10-month-old girl won't survive abuse injuries
- 7.2 magnitude earthquake strikes Mexico
- One fatally shot in apparent burglary in Richmond
- Sonoma County fire burns garage and cars
- Avalanche sweeps down Everest, killing at least 12
- Man found fatally shot in Concord 42 min ago
- Sharks beat Kings 6-3 in Game 1
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- New assisted living rent law isn't retroactive
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: Berkeley fire estimate; Mount Tam body