San Francisco News
Man hit with bottle, robbed of bicycle
SAN FRANCISCO -- A thief struck a 65-year-old man over the head with a wine bottle and stole his bike in San Francisco's Western Addition neighborhood on Sunday evening, police said.
The attack was reported at 5:23 p.m. near Eddy and Buchanan streets.
The victim was riding his bike when the thief approached and attacked him without saying anything, hitting him in the head with the bottle, according to police.
When the victim fell to the ground, the suspect got onto the bike and rode away. The victim was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for a head contusion, police said. His injury was not considered life-threatening.
The suspect, described as a male in his late teens, had not been found as of this morning. Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
western addition, crime, san francisco news
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide
- US approves California's new K-12 testing plan
- Private school in Oakland on lockdown after assault 10 min ago
- Ukraine may turn to UN General Assembly
- Lockdown lifted at Monterey Peninsula College
- Blind man survives getting run over by train
- Wing cracks lead to Dreamliner production delay
- Woman killed when gun in donated clothes fires
- Danville teen killed in Highway 24 crash identified
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday