San Francisco News
Man hit with bottle, robbed of bicycle
SAN FRANCISCO -- A thief struck a 65-year-old man over the head with a wine bottle and stole his bike in San Francisco's Western Addition neighborhood on Sunday evening, police said.
The attack was reported at 5:23 p.m. near Eddy and Buchanan streets.
The victim was riding his bike when the thief approached and attacked him without saying anything, hitting him in the head with the bottle, according to police.
When the victim fell to the ground, the suspect got onto the bike and rode away. The victim was taken to San Francisco General Hospital to be treated for a head contusion, police said. His injury was not considered life-threatening.
The suspect, described as a male in his late teens, had not been found as of this morning. Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
western addition, crime, san francisco news
- Deputy saves man from fiery crash in Oakland 26 min ago
- DEA wages war on synthetic drugs sold on Internet
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- Patriarch off 'Duck Dynasty' after gay comments
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos