San Francisco News
Skateboard stolen at gunpoint in Visitacion Valley
SAN FRANCISCO -- An 11-year-old boy had his skateboard stolen at gunpoint in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley neighborhood on Friday, police said today.
The robbery was reported at 3:53 p.m. near Leland Avenue and Peabody Street.
The boy was approached by another juvenile who pulled out a gun.
The boy tried to flee but was chased down by the armed suspect and three others, who took his skateboard and then ran away, according to police.
The victim was not injured, and the suspects had not been found as of this morning, police said.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
visitacion valley, crime, san francisco news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Family to hold prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Georgia woman has 1 of 2 winning lottery tickets
- Richmond council votes for foreclosure prevention plan
- Online retailers take part in Free Shipping Day 56 min ago
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families
- 'Mary Poppins' among 25 US films to be preserved
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Stolen ATM recovered; SF shooting
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday