San Francisco News
Skateboard stolen at gunpoint in Visitacion Valley
SAN FRANCISCO -- An 11-year-old boy had his skateboard stolen at gunpoint in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley neighborhood on Friday, police said today.
The robbery was reported at 3:53 p.m. near Leland Avenue and Peabody Street.
The boy was approached by another juvenile who pulled out a gun.
The boy tried to flee but was chased down by the armed suspect and three others, who took his skateboard and then ran away, according to police.
The victim was not injured, and the suspects had not been found as of this morning, police said.
Anyone with information about the case is asked to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
visitacion valley, crime, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case