San Francisco News
Bank robbed in San Francisco's Castro District
SAN FRANCISCO -- A bank was robbed in San Francisco's Castro District on Friday afternoon, police said Monday.
The robbery occurred around 4:15 p.m. at a bank in the 500 block of Castro Street.
A man described as between 38 and 50 years old walked into the bank and passed a note to a teller demanding money, police said.
The teller handed over an undisclosed amount of cash to the suspect, who then fled, according to police. He was still at large this morning.
Anyone with information about the robbery is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
castro, crime, san francisco news
- Sheriff: Suspect in Colorado school shooting dead 8 min ago
- Man survives fiery explosion at Hayward home
- EMT killed in fiery crash on I-580 remembered
- Poll: Californians gradually souring on unions
- Brisk sales raise Mega Millions jackpot to $425M
- Photos: Colorado high school shooting
- Board approves eminent domain move for train 23 min ago
- Icy roads creating dangerous driving conditions
- Vigils to mark first anniversary of Newtown shooting
- String of water mains break overnight in Millbrae
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: SF stabbing; Water main breaks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday