San Francisco News
Person freed after falling beneath Muni streetcar
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A person was trapped under a Muni streetcar along San Francisco's Market Street Friday morning after falling while trying to board.
The accident was reported at 9:54 a.m. at Seventh and Market streets and involved an F-Market & Wharves streetcar, fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
The San Francisco Fire Department used heavy rescue equipment to free the trapped person. He was transported to San Francisco General Hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Market Street was expected to reopen by noon.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
muni, pedestrian struck, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- Target apologizes after massive data breach 39 min ago
- Deputy saves man after crash in Oakland 27 min ago
- Consumer Reports tests handheld gaming devices 28 min ago
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- CPUC considering fine against PG&E for faulty pipeline 8 min ago
- BART board approves contract with AFSCME 13 min ago
- Bus with 8 kids involved in crash in Livermore
- 10-year-old cancer patient becomes 'Wonder Girl' 1 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Honda tops insurance industry safety list 31 min ago
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos