San Francisco News
Person freed after falling beneath Muni streetcar
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A person was trapped under a Muni streetcar along San Francisco's Market Street Friday morning after falling while trying to board.
The accident was reported at 9:54 a.m. at Seventh and Market streets and involved an F-Market & Wharves streetcar, fire spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge said.
The San Francisco Fire Department used heavy rescue equipment to free the trapped person. He was transported to San Francisco General Hospital and treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Market Street was expected to reopen by noon.
Bay City News contributed to this report.
muni, pedestrian struck, san francisco news, terry mcsweeney
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- Three evacuated from house fire in Kentfield
- Report: Corrosion a problem on new Bay Bridge
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Brush fire at Joaquin Miller Park in Oakland
- 1 dead, 2 injured from East Palo Alto shooting
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Startups use Netflix rental model for clothing, jewelry
- Tornado levels homes in Oklahoma City trailer park
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Small Fla. city wonders who won Powerball jackpot
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos