San Francisco News
Sheriff's wife to ask for extended stay in Venezuela
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- ABC7 News has confirmed the wife of suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi will ask a judge for permission to extend her stay in Venezuela.
Last month, ABC7 News I-Team reporter Dan Noyes travelled to Caracas for an exclusive interview with Eliana Lopez.
She left San Francisco with the couple's child on March 25th. Her attorney says Lopez will seek another two month extension before her current one expires this Saturday.
The city's ethics commission will begin a series of fact-finding hearings next Tuesday. Those hearings center around Mayor Ed Lee's efforts to remove Mirkarimi from office after he pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor in a domestic violence incident.
eliana lopez, ross mirkarimi, san francisco news
- Two dead after apartment building fire in SF
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- Local teen gets Bryan Cranston's help in promposal
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore 11 min ago
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York
- California home prices surge in March; sales fall
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
22 min ago
- Woman attacked by 200-pound bear
37 min ago
- Mandatory water cutbacks ordered in Livermore
11 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos