San Francisco News
Parents accused of killing man who pimped their daughter
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The parents of a teenage girl remain in jail after San Francisco police say they shot and killed a man who was pimping their daughter.
Prosecutors accuse Barry Gilton and Lupe Mercado of hunting down 22-year-old Calvin Sneed. Sneed died after being shot to death near Candlestick Park on June 4.
Police say Sneed was a known gang member and had been wounded in a drive-by shooting last year.
San Francisco District Attorney George Gascon claims his office has strong evidence that Gilton and Mercado killed Sneed.
shooting, candlestick park, george gascon, san francisco news
- Santa Cruz police arrest crime plot mastermind 41 min ago
- Thieves target True Religion jeans
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville
- Police position DUI checkpoints in unsuspecting areas 27 min ago
- Limos without valid permits listed on airport website
- Shift in tactics may be helping Oakland police
- 3-D printer helps save dying baby with rare disease
- Lawmakers want to restore dental care to Medi-Cal
- Walnut Creek student dies after brain hemorrhage
- NASA Ames focusing on advanced manufacturing
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO scolded by 9-year-old
- roundup: Bicyclist killed ID'd; Unsolved murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
- Police position DUI checkpoints in...
27 min ago