San Francisco News
Scholarship established to honor fallen SF firefighter
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new scholarship has been established to honor one of San Francisco's fallen heroes.
Last year, lieutenant firefighter Victor Perez and firefighter-paramedic Anthony Valerio died battling a house fire in Diamond Heights.
Friends and family of Perez founded a scholarship at Archbishop Riordan High School, his alma mater.
The scholarship at Riordan is $25,000 for sons of firefighters.
sffd, san francisco news
- Cold snap could shatter 41-year-old Bay Area record
- Bay Area braces for chilly weather as cold snap hits
- Third day ends without finding missing SJ CEO
- BART train brake problem prompts evacuations
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage hikes 17 min ago
- Newtown 911 calls show calm response to shooting
- Bail for suspect in PS4 robbery in SF set at $5M
- 3 Good Samaritans honored for Alameda water rescue
- Milpitas police investigate possible kidnapping
- Autopsy: Paul Walker died from impact, fire in crash
- Local startup iHear to offer hearing aids online
- abcnews: Who's getting early Oscar buzz? 49 min ago
- roundup: SF shooting; Milpitas possible kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
26 min ago
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for wage...
17 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos