San Francisco News
Scholarship established to honor fallen SF firefighter
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new scholarship has been established to honor one of San Francisco's fallen heroes.
Last year, lieutenant firefighter Victor Perez and firefighter-paramedic Anthony Valerio died battling a house fire in Diamond Heights.
Friends and family of Perez founded a scholarship at Archbishop Riordan High School, his alma mater.
The scholarship at Riordan is $25,000 for sons of firefighters.
sffd, san francisco news
- Mold forces firefighters to evacuate TI firehouse
- UC system issues new policy to handle sexual assaults
- Husband arrested in cold case murder of SJ woman
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward
- Malaysia loses contact with plane carrying 239
- Cyberbullying bill responds to Audrie Pott's suicide 27 min ago
- Salesforce celebrates birthday with fundraiser party
- Oakland school locked down after report of assault
- Little girl donates hair to cancer patients
- Homeowners blame Caltrain for rising flood insurance
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- FREE STUFF: Sour Flour; Kevel Fly Ties
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Embassy Suites body; SJ home fire
- Tips for spotting counterfeit bills
18 min ago