San Francisco News
Scholarship established to honor fallen SF firefighter
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A new scholarship has been established to honor one of San Francisco's fallen heroes.
Last year, lieutenant firefighter Victor Perez and firefighter-paramedic Anthony Valerio died battling a house fire in Diamond Heights.
Friends and family of Perez founded a scholarship at Archbishop Riordan High School, his alma mater.
The scholarship at Riordan is $25,000 for sons of firefighters.
sffd, san francisco news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose 7 min ago
- Oklahoma tornado was top-of-the-scale EF-5 29 min ago
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Man with ties to Boston suspect fatally shot by FBI 9 min ago
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Woman's cremated ashes washed away in fire
- PayPal hopes new smartphone app will replace wallet
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- Senate panel approves immigration bill
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: SF bank robbery; Search for survivors
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday