San Francisco News
Judge: Mirkarimi's wife can extend Venezuela stay
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A judge ruled Monday morning that the wife of suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi can extend her stay in her native Venezuela.
Eliana Lopez will now be able to stay in her hometown until August 19. She left San Francisco with the couple's 3-year-old son on March 25.
Mirkarimi pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor after a domestic violence incident and faces an ethics investigation that could result in his removal from office permanently. That ethics hearing starts Tuesday.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Cal/OSHA fines BART $210,000 in 2013 fatal accident
- Evacuation came too late for many on sinking ferry
- Investigators reconstruct bus crash in California
- Another woman reported missing on Mt. Tam
- San Leandro High teacher arrested for sex with minor
- Firework thrown into bleachers during Giants game
- Infant boy left alone in car all day in San Jose dies
- Crews placing grass at 49ers' Levi's Stadium
- All 29 defendants in corruption case appear in court
- SF Mayor pledges to fix public housing elevators 23 min ago
- Ryu pitches Dodgers past Giants 2-1 to avoid sweep
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- roundup: SF plastic bag ban; Boy killed in Antioch