San Francisco News
Suspicious package in SF deemed harmless
SAN FRANCISCO -- A suspicious package that was found in San Francisco's Marina District this morning has been deemed safe, a police spokesman said.
The package was reported in the 1600 block of Beach Street shortly before 9 a.m., police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
Police responded and determined that the package was merely a bag of clothes, and reopened the street around 10 a.m., Esparza said.
marina district, suspicious package, SFPD, san francisco news
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- Oklahoma tornado damage could top $2 billion
- SAP looks to hire those with autism, Asperger's
- Experts weigh in on Bay Bridge broken bolt debacle
- Wind wreaks havoc across the Bay Area
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related 9 min ago
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- Group wants parents to boycott Harvey Milk Day
- 49ers new stadium to host Super Bowl 50 in 2016
- Bay Area fire captain among team sent to Oklahoma
- 7 On Your Side: Save on summer vacation flights
- abcnews: Hero teacher covered students with body
- roundup: Boy nearly run-over; Oklahoma aid
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday