San Francisco News
Texts between Mirkarimi and Lopez released
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Text messages between suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi, his wife Eliana Lopez and a campaign aide show an instant attempt at damage control regarding January's domestic violence incident.
On Jan. 4, Mirkarimi campaign manager Linette Peralta Haynes texted Mirkarimi, "Can you call me. It is urgent. Regarding eliana." Another text says, "I need to talk to you to protect you. Call me."
Later that day, Lopez texts her husband, "You have to call hennessy and stop this before something happen. Ivory is giving the investigators everything. Use your power." Mirkarimi responded, "I cannot. And neither can he. You have to reject Ivory's actions. We both do. I cannot involve new people."
This is all in context of a fight between Mirkarimi and Lopez on New Year's Eve and their neighbor alerting police to the incident, which led to a guilty plea from Mirkarimi.
The messages were released as part of the official misconduct case against Mirkarimi.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Damage reported after 5.7 quake in Greenville 59 min ago
- I-5 bridge collapse raises Bay Area safety questions 14 min ago
- Bay Area man arrested for killing relatives abroad 44 min ago
- Boy Scouts approve plan to accept openly gay boys
- Millions to hit the roads this Memorial Day weekend 55 min ago
- BART board votes to relax rush hour bike ban
- Man exposes himself outside of hospital in SF
- Get Free Stuff: Coffee from Gevalia 8 min ago
- Rare Apple computer could fetch $640k at auction
- New info released about robbery in Santa Rosa
- Clayton resident ID'd as bicyclist killed in SF 19 min ago
- abcnews: New bill would allow pets on Amtrak
- roundup: Bicyclist killed in SF; Body in canal ID'd
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- This week's Perfect pet 'Francis'
33 min ago