San Francisco News
Texts between Mirkarimi and Lopez released
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Text messages between suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi, his wife Eliana Lopez and a campaign aide show an instant attempt at damage control regarding January's domestic violence incident.
On Jan. 4, Mirkarimi campaign manager Linette Peralta Haynes texted Mirkarimi, "Can you call me. It is urgent. Regarding eliana." Another text says, "I need to talk to you to protect you. Call me."
Later that day, Lopez texts her husband, "You have to call hennessy and stop this before something happen. Ivory is giving the investigators everything. Use your power." Mirkarimi responded, "I cannot. And neither can he. You have to reject Ivory's actions. We both do. I cannot involve new people."
This is all in context of a fight between Mirkarimi and Lopez on New Year's Eve and their neighbor alerting police to the incident, which led to a guilty plea from Mirkarimi.
The messages were released as part of the official misconduct case against Mirkarimi.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- One dead, another critical in San Francisco fire
- Police arrest suspect accused of setting fire to station
- Police search for men over attempted bank robbery
- Teen girl found in Berkeley says she was kidnapped
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Woman struck by cab in downtown San Francisco
- 2 people shot at Richmond strip mall
- Martinez parents struggle to stay at baby son's side
- Florida school board member wants parent dress code
- SF leaders to announce plan to deal with "420" events
- Woman attempting run from San Francisco to New York 31 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: "World's toughest job" interview
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos