San Francisco News
Texts between Mirkarimi and Lopez released
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Text messages between suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi, his wife Eliana Lopez and a campaign aide show an instant attempt at damage control regarding January's domestic violence incident.
On Jan. 4, Mirkarimi campaign manager Linette Peralta Haynes texted Mirkarimi, "Can you call me. It is urgent. Regarding eliana." Another text says, "I need to talk to you to protect you. Call me."
Later that day, Lopez texts her husband, "You have to call hennessy and stop this before something happen. Ivory is giving the investigators everything. Use your power." Mirkarimi responded, "I cannot. And neither can he. You have to reject Ivory's actions. We both do. I cannot involve new people."
This is all in context of a fight between Mirkarimi and Lopez on New Year's Eve and their neighbor alerting police to the incident, which led to a guilty plea from Mirkarimi.
The messages were released as part of the official misconduct case against Mirkarimi.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist 35 min ago
- Family take legal steps to keep girl on life support
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Woman dies after tweeting about working for 30 hours
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- Big Sur fire burns 550 acres; 5 percent contained
- New tech honcho for Obama health care website
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Deaf dad gets to hear daughter sing
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure vote; Vallejo PD raise
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos