San Francisco News
Texts between Mirkarimi and Lopez released
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Text messages between suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi, his wife Eliana Lopez and a campaign aide show an instant attempt at damage control regarding January's domestic violence incident.
On Jan. 4, Mirkarimi campaign manager Linette Peralta Haynes texted Mirkarimi, "Can you call me. It is urgent. Regarding eliana." Another text says, "I need to talk to you to protect you. Call me."
Later that day, Lopez texts her husband, "You have to call hennessy and stop this before something happen. Ivory is giving the investigators everything. Use your power." Mirkarimi responded, "I cannot. And neither can he. You have to reject Ivory's actions. We both do. I cannot involve new people."
This is all in context of a fight between Mirkarimi and Lopez on New Year's Eve and their neighbor alerting police to the incident, which led to a guilty plea from Mirkarimi.
The messages were released as part of the official misconduct case against Mirkarimi.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos