San Francisco News
Over $80,000 raised to help SFPD chief's charity
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Some of San Francisco's highest profiles movers and shakers were at John's Grill Thursday night, for an auction that raised over $80,000 for San Francisco Police Chief Greg Suhr's new cause.
A police department tactical vehicle escorted the chief to John's, where the memorabilia included the 'Herb Caen Package' - it included the legendary columnist's typewriter, Gold Dust Lounge barstool and original column drafts. It went for about $25,000 money that will be used for the chief's summer job program for city kids who pledge to graduate from high school.
Two bidders paid $3,000 each for dinner and a movie with ABC7 arts and entertainment reporter Don Sanchez.
san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF 28 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party 53 min ago
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers...
28 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos