San Francisco News
Couple accused of killing pimp plead not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco couple accused of killing their 17-year-old daughter's pimp pleaded not guilty in court Friday morning.
Prosecutors filed formal murder charges today against 38-year-old Barry Gilton and 37-year-old Lupe Mercado.
Police say the couple tracked and then shot and wounded Calvin Sneed in North Hollywood on May 27. Eight days later, they allegedly confronted Sneed again, this time, killing him in San Francisco's Bayview District.
The charges include a special circumstance allegation that could make them eligible for the death penalty if prosecutors decide to pursue it.
crime, george gascon, shooting, candlestick park, sex crimes, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- 7 people dead in New York gas explosion
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- Senators reach deal extending jobless benefits
- SF's Stockton Tunnel closed due to water main break
- Crews remove broken window from high-rise in SF
- Car cleared from Caltrain tracks after collision
- Police search for possible shooter, lock down school
- Americans on track to spend $60B on pets this year
- Royal editor: Diana gave me leaked phone info
- VIRAL VIDEO: Haiyan survivors in "Happy"...
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday 30 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
26 min ago