San Francisco News
Couple accused of killing pimp plead not guilty
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A San Francisco couple accused of killing their 17-year-old daughter's pimp pleaded not guilty in court Friday morning.
Prosecutors filed formal murder charges today against 38-year-old Barry Gilton and 37-year-old Lupe Mercado.
Police say the couple tracked and then shot and wounded Calvin Sneed in North Hollywood on May 27. Eight days later, they allegedly confronted Sneed again, this time, killing him in San Francisco's Bayview District.
The charges include a special circumstance allegation that could make them eligible for the death penalty if prosecutors decide to pursue it.
crime, george gascon, shooting, candlestick park, sex crimes, bayview hunters point, san francisco news
- Only On 7: In-depth look into the life of drug dealers
- Preemie has hope of going home by Christmas
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash
- Breakthrough awards scientists in Mountain View
- Police interview potential victims of Livermore golf pro
- Arrests made in "thrill kill" of 7-11 clerk in Milpitas
- Startup sells insurance based on how much you drive
- Child support helpline takes callers to sex hotline
- Tracking the flu -- there's an app for that!
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- Winter Spare the Air called through Friday
- roundup: High-speed chase; Vallejo homicides
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday