San Francisco News
1 killed, 1 injured in shooting near Candlestick Park
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco medical examiner's office has identified a man fatally shot near Candlestick Park late Friday night as 27-year-old Tony Harper, of San Francisco.
The shooting left a second man in serious condition, police said.
The two men arrived at San Francisco General Hospital with gunshot wounds.
Harper succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, and the other man was in serious condition early this morning, according to police.
Police believe the two were shot near the corner of Salinas Avenue and Bayshore Boulevard, near U.S. Highway 101, at about 11:30 p.m.
No further information about the victims or possible suspects was immediately available.
candlestick park, shooting, crime, san francisco news
- BART, union leaders reach new contract deal
- Oakland hospital ordered to keep girl on life support
- Man arrested in deadly fight at Antioch bowling alley
- US holiday travelers brace for foul, wet weather 26 min ago
- Vault fire in SF's Mission District now under control
- Two injured in shooting near San Jose State University
- St. Anthony's holds annual Curbside Donation Drive
- Ex-49er Harris sentenced in boyfriend's beating
- Massage therapist faces sexual battery charges
- Dying cancer patient's friend offers to be surrogate
- Photos: FAN PHOTOS: Farewell Candlestick
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Oakland shooting; DUI checkpoints
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday