San Francisco News
1 killed, 1 injured in shooting near Candlestick Park
SAN FRANCISCO -- The San Francisco medical examiner's office has identified a man fatally shot near Candlestick Park late Friday night as 27-year-old Tony Harper, of San Francisco.
The shooting left a second man in serious condition, police said.
The two men arrived at San Francisco General Hospital with gunshot wounds.
Harper succumbed to his injuries at the hospital, and the other man was in serious condition early this morning, according to police.
Police believe the two were shot near the corner of Salinas Avenue and Bayshore Boulevard, near U.S. Highway 101, at about 11:30 p.m.
No further information about the victims or possible suspects was immediately available.
candlestick park, shooting, crime, san francisco news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill 43 min ago
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos