San Francisco News
Brush fire burns along Highway 101 in SF
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A large brush fire burned along Highway 101 near Sliver Avenue. The fire gave off a lot of smoke that billowed over the freeway.
The fire started around 4:45 p.m. It was just south of the Highway 280/101 split in San Francisco.
No buildings were threatened, but firefighters were concerned that the fire would cause a visual distraction on the freeway.
The fire is now out and no injuries were reported.
highway 101, fire, san francisco news
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms 2 min ago
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Medical association recognizes obesity as a disease
- Police enforcing pedestrian safety in San Mateo Co. 53 min ago
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- 49ers sign DE Justin Smith to 2-year extension 17 min ago
- Miami Heat force Game 7 in NBA Finals
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Fairfield grass fire; SJ baseball suit
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday