San Francisco News
Gas prices drop during summer travel season
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Gas prices are falling at a time of year when they're usually going higher.
We are now in the summer travel season and gas prices at some San Francisco Chevron stations are down to $4.05 per gallon. ABC7 found that some gas stations in Emeryville are selling gas at $3.98 per gallon.
Experts say gas prices could fall by another 11 cents by the Fourth of July because oil prices are at eight-month lows.
The cost of crude has plummeted over the past two months amid increasing signs of a slowdown in the global economy.
gas prices, san francisco news
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela 45 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Golf pro charged; Xmas tree in Bay 21 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos