San Francisco News
SF firefighters knock down fire at Stern Grove
SAN FRANCISCO -- A brush fire scorched a hillside at San Francisco's Stern Grove early this morning, a San Francisco assistant fire chief said.
About three-quarters of an acre burned in an area east of the park's clubhouse around 2 a.m., Assistant Chief Tom Siragusa said.
The fire was under control by about 2:30 a.m., Siragusa said.
No one was injured in the blaze, and the cause remains under investigation.
The fire did not damage the stage area where weekly summer concerts are held, Siragusa said.
The park is located at Sloat Boulevard and 19th Avenue.
sffd, fire, san francisco news
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers in SF 42 min ago
- Tejay van Garderen wins Tour of California
- Two Powerball tickets in Calif. have 5 of 6 numbers
- NFL set to vote if Bay Area will host Super Bowl
- Man falls from building during Bay to Breakers party
- Fremont roadway closed after car strikes utility pole
- Emergency officials monitor Wichita-area tornado
- Nicasio lifts Rockies to 5-0 win over Giants
- Cespedes homer helps A's complete sweep of Royals
- 2 men arrested in killing teen over iPad in Las Vegas
- Girl killed, parents hurt by shots fired into home
- abcnews: SEAL auctions bin Laden raid knife
- roundup: Fairfield shooting; Redwood City fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Security heightened at 2013 Bay to Breakers...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos