San Francisco News
SF firefighters knock down fire at Stern Grove
SAN FRANCISCO -- A brush fire scorched a hillside at San Francisco's Stern Grove early this morning, a San Francisco assistant fire chief said.
About three-quarters of an acre burned in an area east of the park's clubhouse around 2 a.m., Assistant Chief Tom Siragusa said.
The fire was under control by about 2:30 a.m., Siragusa said.
No one was injured in the blaze, and the cause remains under investigation.
The fire did not damage the stage area where weekly summer concerts are held, Siragusa said.
The park is located at Sloat Boulevard and 19th Avenue.
sffd, fire, san francisco news
- Bay Area braces for coldest night of the cold snap
- Shooting victim found near school in Vallejo
- Palo Alto man says he was well-fed in North Korea
- Deep freeze grips most of United States
- Paul Walker memorial in California draws thousands
- Harding makes 37 saves, Wild beat Sharks 3-1
- Smith leads Jets to 37-27 victory over Raiders
- Family asks for help in finding SF hit-and-run driver
- Man falls asleep on flight, wakes up in empty plane
- Winter Spare the Air called for Sunday and Monday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Homeless shelter program; Windsor kidnapping
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos