San Francisco News
Makeovers build confidence for women finishing rehab
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Beauty may only be skin deep, but feeling beautiful can go a long way in building self-confidence.
That was the goal of this morning's mass makeover at San Francisco's Walden House Tuesday as cosmetology students did the hair, nails and makeup of 25 women who are finishing up their substance abuse treatment program.
The makeover is intended to make them feel good about their appearance before they resume their lives.
Walden House provides mental health and substance abuse treatment programs at its Mission District center.
mission district, drugs, san francisco news
- Medical examiner: 24 dead in Oklahoma tornado
- Apple's Cook faces Senate questions on taxes
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Photos: Tornado rips through Oklahoma City area
- UC hospitals say patients safe despite strike 23 min ago
- More than 100 gas grills put to the test 35 min ago
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- roundup: Orinda fire; Obama coming to Bay Area
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday