San Francisco News
Male victim shot, killed in Ingleside this morning
SAN FRANCISCO -- A male victim was shot and killed early this morning in San Francisco's Ingleside neighborhood, San Francisco police and fire officials said.
The shooting was reported around 12:20 a.m. on the corner of Howth Street and Mt. Vernon Avenue, fire officials said.
The male victim was pronounced dead at the scene, police said.
A neighbor from the 200 block of Howth Street said the medical examiner arrived at the corner where the body was on the sidewalk around 1:10 a.m.
The same neighbor heard a series of gunshots just before 12:20 a.m.
He said emergency responders arrived soon after and have since covered the body; marked bullet casings on the street and sidewalk; and cordoned off Howth Street between Mt. Vernon and Niagara avenues.
SFPD, crime, ingleside, san francisco news
- SF 'landlords from hell' plead guilty to felonies
- Police enforce pedestrian safety with sting operation
- Fire concerns growing as July 4th approaches
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- Dog that killed 6-year-old boy euthanized
- Panel restores some pay for lawmakers, governor
- ABC7 Top Scholar: Michael Yu
- Woman receives $130 billion FasTrack bill
- SF LGBT film festival marks 37 years amid SCOTUS rulings
- SF couple uses Task Rabbit, Airbnb apps for profit
- Men's Wearhouse ousts founder George Zimmer
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Potrero Hill stabbing; BART review
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos