San Francisco News
Robbers duct-tape victims, steal more than 100 pairs of shoes
SAN FRANCISCO -- A pair of armed robbers stole more than 100 pairs of shoes from a business in San Francisco's Sunset District after duct-taping victims' hands and feet together on Thursday evening, a police spokesman said today. The robbery was reported around 7 p.m. Thursday in the 2700 block of Judah Street.
The suspects, both armed with handguns, entered the business and ordered the three victims to the ground, duct-taped their hands and feet together and then stole belongings out of their pockets, including wallets and keys, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
The suspects then proceeded to steal more than 100 pairs of shoes from the business, in which the owner advertises online and has customers come by to pick up the merchandise, Shyy said.
The pair then fled and got into one of the victim's vehicles, a silver four-door hatchback, and drove away, according to Shyy.
Described as two men in their 20s who were wearing gray clothing, the suspects and the vehicle had not been found as of this morning, Shyy said.
The victims were not injured in the robbery.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
crime, san francisco news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides 22 min ago
- Hundreds allowed back home after Calif. wildfire
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes 37 min ago
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor
- Woman stabbed, killed on Hollywood's Walk of Fame 16 min ago
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening
- Sonoma-Marin Fair holding "Ugliest Dog" contest
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food,...
22 min ago