San Francisco News
Body found in water ID'd as missing Dodgers fan
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A man's body was found in the water off San Francisco's Embarcadero Wednesday morning has been identified as missing Dodgers fan Victor Murillo.
A jogger first found the body along the Embarcadero waterfront, near Howard Street shortly before 8 a.m. Wednesday. The man said he was pretty sure it was a body and that when he first saw it, he ran over and got firefighters from the nearest pier. Crews lowered a ladder into the water and a diver went in to retrieve the body.
Murillo had been missing since he disappeared after the Giants game on Monday, June 25. His friends last saw him after the game on Piers 30-32 and believe he fell into the water. Murillo lived in Woodland and worked as a prison guard in Vacaville.
The Coast Guard searched for several days before calling off their efforts, but family members and friends had been continuing their search efforts.
Murillo's cousin Jennifer told ABC7 News Wednesday morning that she received a call from the San Francisco Police Officers Association and they told her that the body was wearing the same clothes as her cousin the day he disappeared.
SFPD, sffd, missing person, san francisco giants, los angeles dodgers, san francisco bay, san francisco news, katie marzullo
- Man leads police on wild chase around Antioch
- Record streak continues for Winter Spare the Air Alerts
- Hearing produces new details, video of Asiana crash
- Toys for Tots donations really low this year
- Fiery big-rig crash cleared from I-80 in Pinole 42 min ago
- Interpreter at Mandela event: I was hallucinating 24 min ago
- PG&E removes pipe involved in Oakland gas leak
- Huy Fong Foods halting Sriracha sauce shipments
- Teen given probation in DUI crash that killed four
- Mother releases video of daughter killed in Sandy Hook shooting
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- abcnews: First lady's glare seen round the world
- roundup: Warehouse fire; Mandela memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos