San Francisco News
Motorcyclist killed in SF accident
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 54-year-old man died after his motorcycle collided with another vehicle on a thoroughfare through San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on Wednesday evening, a police spokesman said today.
The crash was reported at 7:59 p.m. on Park Presidio Boulevard near Fulton Street.
The motorcyclist, identified by the medical examiner's office as Rick Scheuer, was traveling south on Park Presidio Boulevard and was navigating a curve in the roadway when he hit the car next to him, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Scheuer, a San Francisco resident, was thrown from his motorcycle onto the pavement, and the car he had struck, a four-door sedan, ran over him, Shyy said.
Scheuer was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The male driver of the sedan stopped at the scene, cooperated with investigators, and is not expected to face criminal charges in connection with the crash, Shyy said.
golden gate park, crash, san francisco news
- San Jose suing MLB for not allowing A's to move
- Accused naked BART attacker appears in court
- One dead in Sunnyvale house fire on Central Avenue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- Hayward BART reopens after fatality on track
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- SF to vote on new regulations for food trucks
- Concord police arm car owners with Clubs
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire 31 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday