San Francisco News
Motorcyclist killed in SF accident
SAN FRANCISCO -- A 54-year-old man died after his motorcycle collided with another vehicle on a thoroughfare through San Francisco's Golden Gate Park on Wednesday evening, a police spokesman said today.
The crash was reported at 7:59 p.m. on Park Presidio Boulevard near Fulton Street.
The motorcyclist, identified by the medical examiner's office as Rick Scheuer, was traveling south on Park Presidio Boulevard and was navigating a curve in the roadway when he hit the car next to him, police spokesman Officer Gordon Shyy said.
Scheuer, a San Francisco resident, was thrown from his motorcycle onto the pavement, and the car he had struck, a four-door sedan, ran over him, Shyy said.
Scheuer was taken to San Francisco General Hospital where he was pronounced dead.
The male driver of the sedan stopped at the scene, cooperated with investigators, and is not expected to face criminal charges in connection with the crash, Shyy said.
golden gate park, crash, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 1 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges 12 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 25 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
10 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
12 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos