San Francisco News
Police negotiating with armed man locked in building
SAN FRANCISCO -- An armed suspect has locked himself in a Pacific Heights building Thursday evening and the San Francisco Police Department is in negotiations to get him out, police officials said.
The male, whose age is unknown, locked himself in a building in the 2000 block of California Street at about 3:15 p.m., Sgt. Michael Andraychak said.
Andraychak said the male is believed to have a weapon, but poses a danger to himself only.
Police have closed California Street between Octavia and Laguna streets, Andraychak said.
As of 5:15 p.m., negotiators were at the scene attempting to get the suspect out of the building.
SFPD, pacific heights, san francisco news
- SJ store owner get $1M for selling winning ticket
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to families 21 min ago
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Food bank hands out hundreds of hams to...
21 min ago