San Francisco News
Lopez to testify in person at Mirkarimi ethics hearing
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The ABC7 News I-Team has confirmed that the wife of suspended San Francisco Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi will testify on his behalf in person.
Late Thursday Mirkarimi's defense team announced that Eliana Lopez will testify before the city's Ethics Commission July 18 or 19.
They had asked the city to pay for her roundtrip plane ticket, saying Mirkarimi had run out of money since being suspended without pay, but it now appears a group of private donors will pay for Lopez's flight.
Mirkarimi is trying to retain his job as sheriff after pleading guilty to a misdemeanor false imprisonment charge relating to a New Year's Eve domestic dispute with Lopez.
ABC7's Dan Noyes traveled to Venezuela in May to talk exclusively with Lopez.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Manhunt underway after officer shot in SF
- Petaluma police say thieves targeting utility trucks
- 93-year-old Marin Co. man missing for over a week
- $1.2M bond set for mom who drove kids into ocean
- Tips for adjusting to daylight saving time
- International Women's Day walk kicks off in SF
- 'Sunday Streets' returns to San Francisco
- 750 immigration detainees on hunger strike in US
- Partner of dead LA officer in stable condition
- Plan to build median on GG Bridge moves forward
- Special ed cheerleading squad thrills Livermore HS
- Wheel of Fortune is in Northern California!
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- roundup: Officer-involved shooting; Murder case