San Francisco News
Gascon taking "wait and see" approach to Lee perjury allegation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's district attorney says he's taking a "wait and see" approach before deciding whether to charge Mayor Ed Lee with perjury.
Lee testified before the city's Ethics Commission that he never spoke to any of the city supervisors about suspending Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi over the domestic violence case. But a city official says Supervisor Christina Olague said Lee had consulted her about whether to suspend the sheriff.
District Attorney George Gascon wants to see evidence.
The Ethics Commission will soon hear from Mirkarimi's wife Eliana Lopez, who will return from Venezuela to testify on behalf of her husband.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Driver arrested for DUI after fiery I-580 crash 6 min ago
- Antioch man arrested after wild, high-speed chase
- Federal mediator sitting down with BART, unions
- NKorea executes Kim Jong Un's uncle as a traitor 28 min ago
- VIRAL VIDEO: Teen sings 'Blue Christmas'...
- UN inspectors confirm Syria chemical attack
- San Jose fire crews battle one-alarm house fire
- NYC college student dies during fraternity ritual
- Vallejo police ID two most recent homicide victims
- FCC considers lifting ban on in-flight cellphone use 56 min ago
- Instagram launches direct messaging feature
- Winter Spare the Air called through Thursday
- roundup: Copper wiring theft; "Shop With a Cop"
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos