San Francisco News
Gascon taking "wait and see" approach to Lee perjury allegation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's district attorney says he's taking a "wait and see" approach before deciding whether to charge Mayor Ed Lee with perjury.
Lee testified before the city's Ethics Commission that he never spoke to any of the city supervisors about suspending Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi over the domestic violence case. But a city official says Supervisor Christina Olague said Lee had consulted her about whether to suspend the sheriff.
District Attorney George Gascon wants to see evidence.
The Ethics Commission will soon hear from Mirkarimi's wife Eliana Lopez, who will return from Venezuela to testify on behalf of her husband.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Brentwood students facing charges for sexting scandal
- CCSF protestors make voices heard at City Hall
- Investigators finally getting look at Mission Bay fire
- I-TEAM: Small park, big problems
- Vehicle runs over gas line, hits SJ DMV building
- Uber announces new insurance policy for drivers
- Costco recalls cases of freeze-dried fruit
- Crews busy dismantling old span of the Bay Bridge
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport
- Group says GM airbag failures caused 303 deaths
- Bay Area kids look to strike gold on ABC's 'Shark Tank'
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: AltCar Expo; Motorcyclist killed
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos