San Francisco News
Gascon taking "wait and see" approach to Lee perjury allegation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco's district attorney says he's taking a "wait and see" approach before deciding whether to charge Mayor Ed Lee with perjury.
Lee testified before the city's Ethics Commission that he never spoke to any of the city supervisors about suspending Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi over the domestic violence case. But a city official says Supervisor Christina Olague said Lee had consulted her about whether to suspend the sheriff.
District Attorney George Gascon wants to see evidence.
The Ethics Commission will soon hear from Mirkarimi's wife Eliana Lopez, who will return from Venezuela to testify on behalf of her husband.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Man ID'd in fatal boating accident in Redwood City
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- Consumer Reports tests toothbrushes
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Two injured in accident on Almaden Expressway
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court 58 min ago
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Hammer beating; SF "420" crackdown