San Francisco News
SF hotel offering 'Fifty Shades of Grey'-inspired package
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy is adding up to a lot of green for author EL James and now hotels are looking to cash in to the trend.
San Francisco's Hotel Diva is helping women unleash their inner goddess and open their pocketbooks with their Fifty Shades of Woman package.
"The light went off in my head when I read the last page; I said, 'Oh my, I have all these beds and I have all these rooms, I should create this package for women,'" hotelier Yvonne Lembi said.
Women say they're inspired by the Fifty Shades of Grey character Anastasia Steele.
San Francisco isn't the only city picking up on the trend; hotels in Portland and Seattle have their own version.
books, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State
- FDA proposes first regulations for e-cigarettes 30 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- 2 arrested for murder of pet sitter in East Oakland 45 min ago
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Brentwood boy to be honored at MLB All-Star game 32 min ago
- Suspected San Jose homicide victim identified 41 min ago
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Amazon launches grocery service for Prime members 13 min ago
- Actor dressed as homeless man fools New Yorkers 47 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Muni bus fire; Hiker rescued 52 min ago