San Francisco News
SF hotel offering 'Fifty Shades of Grey'-inspired package
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy is adding up to a lot of green for author EL James and now hotels are looking to cash in to the trend.
San Francisco's Hotel Diva is helping women unleash their inner goddess and open their pocketbooks with their Fifty Shades of Woman package.
"The light went off in my head when I read the last page; I said, 'Oh my, I have all these beds and I have all these rooms, I should create this package for women,'" hotelier Yvonne Lembi said.
Women say they're inspired by the Fifty Shades of Grey character Anastasia Steele.
San Francisco isn't the only city picking up on the trend; hotels in Portland and Seattle have their own version.
books, san francisco news
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- Pope Francis prays for peace at Easter service
- Missing fisherman's body recovered after accident
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car 45 min ago
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash 32 min ago
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Video: Cracked windshield forces flight to divert
- Bay Area man survives avalanche on Mount Everest
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday