San Francisco News
SF hotel offering 'Fifty Shades of Grey'-inspired package
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The Fifty Shades of Grey trilogy is adding up to a lot of green for author EL James and now hotels are looking to cash in to the trend.
San Francisco's Hotel Diva is helping women unleash their inner goddess and open their pocketbooks with their Fifty Shades of Woman package.
"The light went off in my head when I read the last page; I said, 'Oh my, I have all these beds and I have all these rooms, I should create this package for women,'" hotelier Yvonne Lembi said.
Women say they're inspired by the Fifty Shades of Grey character Anastasia Steele.
San Francisco isn't the only city picking up on the trend; hotels in Portland and Seattle have their own version.
books, san francisco news
- Boy drowns after falling into canal in Antioch
- Search on for man who went missing after B2B race
- Scouts honor veterans at annual Memorial Day event
- Hundreds of food workers strike at AT&T Park in SF
- Angel Pagan wins it for SF Giants with inside-the-park HR
- Josh Donaldson, A's power past Astros 11-5
- Castillo scores as FC Dallas tops Earthquakes 1-0
- Wildfire near Interstate 580 in Livermore now contained
- San Antonio flooding kills one; 200-plus rescued
- San Francisco man with brain injury missing
- Millions march against Monsanto in over 400 cities
- abcnews: How to stay safe at amusement parks
- roundup: Machete murder; PG&E fights fine
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday