San Francisco News
Teen arrested for DUI, hit-and-run after fatal crash
SAN FRANCISCO -- An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of felony DUI and hit-and-run after fleeing the scene of a fatal crash in San Francisco's Bayview District on Friday evening, a police spokesman said.
Daniel Lara, a San Francisco resident, was taken into custody after the solo-vehicle crash, which occurred around 7:55 p.m. near the intersection of Griffith Street and Thomas Avenue, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
Lara was driving a four-door gray Honda Civic. His passenger, identified by the medical examiner's office as 19-year-old Eduardo Perez, was ejected from the car in the crash was pronounced dead at the scene, Andraychak said.
Lara fled in the Honda, then abandoned it about a mile away. He later returned to the scene of the crash, where he was taken into custody, Andraychak said.
bayview hunters point, crash, hit and run, DUI, crime, san francisco news
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San Francisco 51 min ago
- 8th stage of Amgen Tour of California kicks off in SF
- Albany residents protest return of Occupy activists
- Suspicious package in Livermore prompts evacuation
- Shooting in Oakland kills 1, injures another
- Crews battle fire at inner Mission apartment building
- Milone's long skid ends as A's beat Royals
- Chatwood leads Rockies past Giants 10-2
- Teen dies after refusing to give iPad to thieves
- Up to 60 injured after car drives into Va. parade
- San Jose man arrested for alleged road rage attack
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Sunday
- Bay to Breakers draws thousands to San...
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos