San Francisco News
Teen arrested for DUI, hit-and-run after fatal crash
SAN FRANCISCO -- An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of felony DUI and hit-and-run after fleeing the scene of a fatal crash in San Francisco's Bayview District on Friday evening, a police spokesman said.
Daniel Lara, a San Francisco resident, was taken into custody after the solo-vehicle crash, which occurred around 7:55 p.m. near the intersection of Griffith Street and Thomas Avenue, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
Lara was driving a four-door gray Honda Civic. His passenger, identified by the medical examiner's office as 19-year-old Eduardo Perez, was ejected from the car in the crash was pronounced dead at the scene, Andraychak said.
Lara fled in the Honda, then abandoned it about a mile away. He later returned to the scene of the crash, where he was taken into custody, Andraychak said.
bayview hunters point, crash, hit and run, DUI, crime, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident 15 min ago
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Sandoval's single lifts Giants past Dodgers, 2-1
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Oakland A's ready to sign lease at O.co Coliseum
- Crawford's 41 points leads Warriors over Nuggets
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014 34 min ago
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run 38 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos