San Francisco News
Teen arrested for DUI, hit-and-run after fatal crash
SAN FRANCISCO -- An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of felony DUI and hit-and-run after fleeing the scene of a fatal crash in San Francisco's Bayview District on Friday evening, a police spokesman said.
Daniel Lara, a San Francisco resident, was taken into custody after the solo-vehicle crash, which occurred around 7:55 p.m. near the intersection of Griffith Street and Thomas Avenue, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
Lara was driving a four-door gray Honda Civic. His passenger, identified by the medical examiner's office as 19-year-old Eduardo Perez, was ejected from the car in the crash was pronounced dead at the scene, Andraychak said.
Lara fled in the Honda, then abandoned it about a mile away. He later returned to the scene of the crash, where he was taken into custody, Andraychak said.
bayview hunters point, crash, hit and run, DUI, crime, san francisco news
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect arrested 25 min ago
- One injured in apartment fire near San Jose State 10 min ago
- 'Legends of Candlestick' to return for final game
- Stanford patient denied liver due to medical marijuana
- Afghanistan hospital guard kills three American doctors
- Batteries in baby video monitors recalled
- Scientists locate 19th century steamship in SF Bay
- Apple increases stock buyback, will split stock
- State senators get ethics training after scandals
- 5-year-old Oakland boy shot in eye with paintball gun
- Six Flags welcoms first seal pup born at park in 8 years 14 min ago
- 7OYS helps woman get refund from alumni company
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Body found at dump; Bicycle Share expansion
- Daly City medical building shooting suspect...
25 min ago