San Francisco News
Teen arrested for DUI, hit-and-run after fatal crash
SAN FRANCISCO -- An 18-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of felony DUI and hit-and-run after fleeing the scene of a fatal crash in San Francisco's Bayview District on Friday evening, a police spokesman said.
Daniel Lara, a San Francisco resident, was taken into custody after the solo-vehicle crash, which occurred around 7:55 p.m. near the intersection of Griffith Street and Thomas Avenue, police spokesman Sgt. Mike Andraychak said.
Lara was driving a four-door gray Honda Civic. His passenger, identified by the medical examiner's office as 19-year-old Eduardo Perez, was ejected from the car in the crash was pronounced dead at the scene, Andraychak said.
Lara fled in the Honda, then abandoned it about a mile away. He later returned to the scene of the crash, where he was taken into custody, Andraychak said.
bayview hunters point, crash, hit and run, DUI, crime, san francisco news
- Fairfield teen speaks after infant son's nose bitten off
- Bench dedicated to honor missing teen Sierra LaMar
- Husband suspected in Castro Valley woman's death
- Man critically hurt after being hit by tour bus in SF
- 2 killed by suspected DUI driver in Santa Rosa ID'd
- Dawkins, Stanford to face New Mexico in NCAAs
- Navy's Blue Angels return to skies over San Francisco
- Man killed by Caltrain in Atherton identified
- Final words from jet came after system shutdown
- Niemi, Couture lift surging Sharks over Rangers
- Fetching 'Peabody & Sherman' tops box office
- VIRAL VIDEO: Harbaugh and walrus do push-ups
- roundup: Richmond house fire; SF stabbing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos