San Francisco News
Mayor Lee denies Mirkarimi perjury allegation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee spoke out for the first time Monday about accusations he tried to use his political clout to find a new job for suspended Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi and then lied about it.
Lee suspended Mirkarimi after the sheriff pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges stemming from a dispute with his wife on New Year's Eve. San Francisco's Ethics Commission is now determining whether Mirkarimi can return to his job.
Mirkarimi's camp has accused Lee of trying to push the sheriff toward another job, either in government or the private sector.
"You know, I've told the truth to the Ethics Commission and I'll continue doing that if called upon," Lee said.
Mirkarimi's attorney plans to issue subpoenas to appear before the Ethics Commission for four people who say Lee consulted with them before he suspended the sheriff.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- Mega Millions winning ticket sold in San Jose
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- 11 injured in oven explosion at Santa Rita Jail
- Fire at metal plant doesn't help hazy skies
- SFPD search underway for suspects in ATM heist
- Wonder Girl to take on Vallejo after Batkid saved SF
- Weather to help crews battling Big Sur blaze 1 min ago
- Results of Consumer Reports car reliability survey
- Teen burned on bus to be honored by school team
- Winter Spare the Air Alert called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music 19 min ago
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: OPD gets new SUVs; Big Sur fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday