San Francisco News
Mayor Lee denies Mirkarimi perjury allegation
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee spoke out for the first time Monday about accusations he tried to use his political clout to find a new job for suspended Sheriff Ross Mirkarimi and then lied about it.
Lee suspended Mirkarimi after the sheriff pleaded guilty to domestic violence charges stemming from a dispute with his wife on New Year's Eve. San Francisco's Ethics Commission is now determining whether Mirkarimi can return to his job.
Mirkarimi's camp has accused Lee of trying to push the sheriff toward another job, either in government or the private sector.
"You know, I've told the truth to the Ethics Commission and I'll continue doing that if called upon," Lee said.
Mirkarimi's attorney plans to issue subpoenas to appear before the Ethics Commission for four people who say Lee consulted with them before he suspended the sheriff.
ross mirkarimi, domestic violence, eliana lopez, ed lee, san francisco city hall, san francisco news
- BART'S top cop to have auditor assess reforms
- President Obama renews calls for nuclear reductions
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food, new rides 49 min ago
- Hundreds allowed back home after Calif. wildfire
- South SF husband and wife charged with pimping
- AMA now recognizes obesity as a disease
- New Colo. wildfire prompts evacuations of homes
- Giants pitcher Sergio Romo gets ice cream flavor
- Woman stabbed, killed on Hollywood's Walk of Fame 43 min ago
- Oakland theater to host "Fruitvale Station" screening
- Sonoma-Marin Fair holding "Ugliest Dog" contest
- abcnews: Pope invites Down syndrome teen for a spin
- roundup: Controlled burn; Carjacking arrests
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Alameda County Fair opens with new food,...
49 min ago