San Francisco News
Woman pepper-sprayed during purse snatching
SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. -- A woman was pepper-sprayed and had her purse snatched in San Francisco's Richmond District on Monday afternoon, police said.
The robbery was reported at about 1:25 p.m. in the 3500 block of Anza Street.
The 21-year-old victim was walking home when she was grabbed from behind by two female suspects, who pepper-sprayed her in the face and grabbed her purse, according to police.
The suspects, described as between 16 and 18 years old, fled and had not been found as of this morning, police said.
Anyone with information about the case is encouraged to call the Police Department's anonymous tip line at (415) 575-4444 or send a tip by text message to TIP411.
richmond district, crime, san francisco news
- At least 10 arrested at "420" celebration in SF
- Good Samaritan pulls boy from water in San Leandro
- Four stabbed at bar, restaurant in San Jose
- Divers recover more bodies from sunken ferry
- San Francisco officer dragged by suspect getaway car
- Fairfield resident killed, boy injured after shooting
- Santa Rosa crash causes massive power outage
- Highway 1 reopens after major injury crash
- Posey, Lincecum lead San Francisco Giants to 4-3 win
- Chavez gets 1st win, A's complete sweep of Astros
- Boxer Rubin 'Hurricane' Carter dies at 76
- Miss America: Don't suspend teen over prom invite
- Minimalists find happiness living with less
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Monday