San Francisco News
Power restored after morning outage in SF
SAN FRANCISCO -- Power has been restored to nearly 7,000 PG&E customers after an outage that lasted for more than an hour in San Francisco this morning, a utility spokeswoman said.
The outage was reported at about 7:55 a.m. and affected neighborhoods in the city as far north as Laurel Heights and as far south as Haight-Ashbury, PG&E spokeswoman Brittany McKannay said.
Crews responded and had power restored to all customers by about 9:15 a.m., McKannay said.
She said crews will remain in the neighborhood this morning to try to determine the cause of the outage.
Another outage left more than 10,200 PG&E customers without power in the same area of San Francisco on Thursday night. Power was restored to those customers by about 11:30 p.m.
McKannay said it was not yet clear if the two outages were related.
power outage, PG&E, san francisco news
- Three-year-old boy thrown from fire in Hayward 17 min ago
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing
- 7 On Your Side: The dark side of green lighting
- Two injured in two-alarm fire in San Jose 14 min ago
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
6 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos