San Francisco News
Rec Center to be dedicated to Betty Ann Ong
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A Bay Area flight attendant is being honored this weekend for performing a heroic act during the terrorist attacks of September 11, 2001.
Workers are putting the finishing touches on the reconstructed Chinese Recreation Center in San Francisco. On Saturday, the center will officially be named after "Betty Ann Ong," a Chinatown native who was aboard one of the planes flown into the World Trade Center.
During the hijacking, she called an emergency line and relayed the seat numbers of the hijackers allowing authorities to identify them.
september 11th, chinatown, san francisco news
- Firefighters control 4-alarm fire in Concord
- Bay Area freeze extends longer than expected
- Protest gets heated for Santa Rosa teen shot
- Only On 7: SF kids describe obstacles in Tenderloin
- NTSB: Asiana captain worried about visual landing
- Memorial taking place in SF to honor Mandela 1 min ago
- Golf pro charged with sexually abusing boys
- Richmond police searching for young runaway sisters
- SF Giants pitcher inspired by Batkid to give
- Husband's tutu project gets T-Mobile's support
- Winter Spare the Air called through Wednesday
- abcnews: Obama poses for selfie at Mandela's memorial
- roundup: Oakland fire; Asiana crash hearing
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos