San Francisco News
25-year-old man killed in SoMa identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was fatally shot in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood late Friday night has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 25-year-old Gary Smith.
Smith, a San Francisco resident, was killed in a shooting reported at about 11:10 p.m. in the first block of Sixth Street, police said.
Officers found him on the sidewalk suffering from a gunshot wound and he was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
No arrests had been made and no suspect information was immediately available in connection with the shooting as of this morning, police said.
shooting, soma, san francisco news
- Obama: 'Lives have been saved' by NSA programs 32 min ago
- BART police chief bringing auditor to assess reforms
- Fairfield grass fire spreads to nearby motel
- Tenderloin apartment building roof fire extinguished
- Tesla Model S recall for rear seat latch issue
- Interest rates for subsidized loans may double July 1
- Workers face charges after sit-in at AT&T Park
- Fire burns 50 acres in Benicia
- 6-year-old boy killed by dog in Union City
- Sacramento discusses self-driving car regulations
- SF approves new regulations for food trucks
- abcnews: $73,000 'Most Spectacular' dog vacation
- roundup: Colma BART fatality; Fatal house fire
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday