San Francisco News
25-year-old man killed in SoMa identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was fatally shot in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood late Friday night has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 25-year-old Gary Smith.
Smith, a San Francisco resident, was killed in a shooting reported at about 11:10 p.m. in the first block of Sixth Street, police said.
Officers found him on the sidewalk suffering from a gunshot wound and he was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
No arrests had been made and no suspect information was immediately available in connection with the shooting as of this morning, police said.
shooting, soma, san francisco news
- 1 dead, 2 injured in Redwood City boating accident
- Mother, child killed in San Francisco fire
- San Francisco officials plan to crack down on "420"
- SF Chinese community faces fallout from Yee arrest
- Possible explosive prompts evacuations in Solvang
- Firetruck rams California eatery; 15 injured
- BART unveils new train car design in SF
- Man accused of killing Sierra LaMar appears in court
- VIDEO: Man kicked in head taking selfie in...
- Angels beat A's 5-4 on Iannetta's HR in 12th
- Photos: The 10 worst jobs for 2014
- San Jose Sharks holding rally to kick off playoff run
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
- roundup: Fatal house fire in SF; Oakland shooting
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos