San Francisco News
25-year-old man killed in SoMa identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was fatally shot in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood late Friday night has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 25-year-old Gary Smith.
Smith, a San Francisco resident, was killed in a shooting reported at about 11:10 p.m. in the first block of Sixth Street, police said.
Officers found him on the sidewalk suffering from a gunshot wound and he was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
No arrests had been made and no suspect information was immediately available in connection with the shooting as of this morning, police said.
shooting, soma, san francisco news
- San Jose police officer facing sexual assault charges
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Officials investigating acid spill at Tesoro refinery
- Family mourns young woman killed by tree
- High speed chase ends in crash in Richmond
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Report: CVS could face $29M fine for painkillers
- Portland family calls 911 about angry cat
- Japan marks 3rd anniversary of tsunami disasters
- Obama hams it up for health care on Funny or Die
- Crews fix broken water main in SF's Lower Haight
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday