San Francisco News
25-year-old man killed in SoMa identified
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who was fatally shot in San Francisco's South of Market neighborhood late Friday night has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 25-year-old Gary Smith.
Smith, a San Francisco resident, was killed in a shooting reported at about 11:10 p.m. in the first block of Sixth Street, police said.
Officers found him on the sidewalk suffering from a gunshot wound and he was pronounced dead at the scene, according to police.
No arrests had been made and no suspect information was immediately available in connection with the shooting as of this morning, police said.
shooting, soma, san francisco news
- World leaders, South Africans honor Mandela
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Black ice on I-280 near crash in San Mateo County 51 min ago
- NTSB hearing on Asiana crash at SFO postponed
- SF firefighters gain upper hand on Recology plant fire
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
- Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
34 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos