San Francisco News
Surveillance video released of SF fight
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A defense attorney has released new surveillance video he says casts a different light on his client who is accused of running down and seriously injuring a firefighter, in San Francisco.
Last Thanksgiving, 29-year-old CAL FIRE firefighter Albert Bartal was hit by a car at a gas station.
The lawyer for the accused claims the video shows his client, 24-year-old Eduardo Chaparro, was punched by Bartal.
"The young man, Mr. Bartal, rushes around the manager and sort of, almost leaping, just out of nowhere, strikes Mr. Chaparro in the face and then tackles him like he's a pit bull," said attorney Tito Torres.
Torres says the video shows Bartal was the aggressor.
Bartal has been in a coma since he was hit shortly after the video was taken of him leaving the parking lot with a friend.
richmond district, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 41 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos