San Francisco News
Surveillance video released of SF fight
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A defense attorney has released new surveillance video he says casts a different light on his client who is accused of running down and seriously injuring a firefighter, in San Francisco.
Last Thanksgiving, 29-year-old CAL FIRE firefighter Albert Bartal was hit by a car at a gas station.
The lawyer for the accused claims the video shows his client, 24-year-old Eduardo Chaparro, was punched by Bartal.
"The young man, Mr. Bartal, rushes around the manager and sort of, almost leaping, just out of nowhere, strikes Mr. Chaparro in the face and then tackles him like he's a pit bull," said attorney Tito Torres.
Torres says the video shows Bartal was the aggressor.
Bartal has been in a coma since he was hit shortly after the video was taken of him leaving the parking lot with a friend.
richmond district, san francisco news
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- Man looks to move forward after Peninsula boat crash
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- City College San Francisco protests lead to arrests
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- 5 things you may not know about Pope Francis
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Vacaville police chief; South Bay fireworks
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos