San Francisco News
U.S. Labor Secretary participates in SF union rally
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- U.S. Labor Secretary Hilda Solid is in San Francisco participating in a union rally.
The event got underway Tuesday evening at Union Square. It's being organized by the California Labor Federation and the Communications Workers of America.
The rally is meant to pressure congress to stop out-sourcing federal jobs.
Earlier Tuesday, Solis held a roundtable with San Francisco Mayor Ed Lee and local business leaders on job creation.
unions, jobs, union square, san francisco news
- Protest continues at CCSF; rally planned at city hall
- Crews demolishing building in Mission Bay fire
- Parents discuss Oakland school assaults with police
- South Bay hospital top notch for treating strokes
- Large marijuana grow found at home in Hayward
- Virgin to stop service at Mineta San Jose Airport 50 min ago
- Brentwood students in trouble for nude selfies 29 min ago
- Fairfield man arrested for biting off infant son's nose
- Stockton Tunnel reopens after water line break repaired
- 2 men arrested for possessing explosives
- Baby kangaroo makes debut at zoo in Sydney
- Unexpected backlash after CPSC recalls Fitbit Force
- Photos: Meet the stars where you live
- roundup: Tree removal dispute; Weed-laced brownies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos