San Francisco News
Study shows SFO likely to spread pandemic
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Here's something to keep in mind the next time you're picking which Bay Area airport to fly in and out of.
Researchers at MIT looked at which major U.S. airports are most likely to spread a pandemic. New York's JFK was number one, but San Francisco International Airport ranked fourth behind LAX and Honolulu International.
Researchers factored in travel patterns and passenger wait times to predict how fast a disease might spread.
Neither San Jose or Oakland was in the top ten.
san francisco international airport, medical research, study, san francisco news
- 5-alarm fire destroys SF building under construction 5 min ago
- Lawmakers call for changes after refinery acid spill
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges 5 min ago
- Feinstein: CIA improperly searched computer network
- Driver arrested after officer finds 128lbs of pot in van
- Balboa Park BART station reopens after fatality
- Two students arrested for making dog drink beer
- Pedestrian hit by car in downtown San Francisco crosswalk
- Lanes reopen on NB I-880 after Major-injury crash
- Student wins cooking contest with sandwich creation
- Pharmacist prescribes anti-monster spray for child
- roundup: Bay Area winds; Great Highway closure
- abcnews: 'The Bachelor' Finale Full Recap
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday 18 min ago
- Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
3 min ago
- San Jose police officer facing rape charges
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos