San Francisco News
SF march shows solidarity for SoCal protests
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Dozens marched through San Francisco's Financial District Thursday evening to show their solidarity with people protesting against police in Southern California.
Thursday's demonstration started on the embarcadero and then moved along Washington Street.
The protesters rallied at the spot where San Francisco police shot and killed a man last week. Officers say he was armed with a knife. Activists accuse police of shooting him while he was handcuffed.
The march followed four nights of protests on the streets of Anaheim. Two police shootings last weekend, including one of an un-armed man, set off those clashes.
protest, southern california, san francisco news
- Recology plant fire creates heavy smoke in SF
- Frigid Bay Area weather takes deadly turn
- Only On 7: Federal drug agents sweep Tenderloin
- Protesters halt Google's commuter bus in SF
- Man held in N. Korea say statement was coerced
- Female teacher arrested for sexually abusing student
- As student, Obama drew inspiration from Mandela
- Police seeking man who went missing from care home
- 18 LA sheriff's deputies face criminal charges
- Winter Spare the Air called through Tuesday
- Photos: Record low temperatures freeze the Bay Area
- abcnews: Newlyweds accused in thrill-kill murder
- roundup: Rising tides; Teen shot in SF
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos