San Francisco News
SF march shows solidarity for SoCal protests
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- Dozens marched through San Francisco's Financial District Thursday evening to show their solidarity with people protesting against police in Southern California.
Thursday's demonstration started on the embarcadero and then moved along Washington Street.
The protesters rallied at the spot where San Francisco police shot and killed a man last week. Officers say he was armed with a knife. Activists accuse police of shooting him while he was handcuffed.
The march followed four nights of protests on the streets of Anaheim. Two police shootings last weekend, including one of an un-armed man, set off those clashes.
protest, southern california, san francisco news
- Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb kills 91
- Firefighters save Vallejo man in apartment fire
- Man goes missing after Bay to Breakers race
- Bay Area residents in DC protest against banks
- Victims hope to get money back from lending scheme
- Man dies after fall during Bay to Breakers party
- Norman Wielsch sentenced to 14 years in prison
- 5-year-old killed in rollover crash in Richmond
- 4-alarm grass fire burns 8 acres in Orinda
- Silver Creek HS sophomore killed in bike accident
- Yahoo takes big leap with $1.1B deal for Tumblr
- NFL owners set to decide Super Bowl L site Tuesday
- roundup: Mountain lion spotted; Palo Alto murder
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Tuesday