San Francisco News
Crews cap hydrant that was struck in the Castro
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- A car hit a fire hydrant on Castro and Henry Streets in San Francisco causing a watery mess this morning.
The accident happened just before 2 a.m.. Police detained the driver, who appeared to be drunk and towed his car. Residents never lost their water, but may have temporarily lost some pressure.
sffd, castro, san francisco news, amy hollyfield
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin 49 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- Last minute Christmas shopping is in full swing
- Only On 7: Sneak peek at the SF Zoo's baby gorilla
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos