San Francisco News
Elderly man identified as victim of fatal fire
SAN FRANCISCO -- A man who died in a fire at an apartment building in San Francisco on Wednesday has been identified by the medical examiner's office as 78-year-old Roosevelt Watts.
The two-alarm fire was reported at 9:50 a.m. Wednesday at a three-story building at 65 Cleary Court, located near Laguna Street.
The blaze started in an apartment on the second floor and spread to a third-story unit, according to fire department spokeswoman Mindy Talmadge.
Watts, a San Francisco resident, was in an apartment on the second floor, Talmadge said.
Two other men suffered smoke inhalation from the fire but declined to be taken to a hospital, while one firefighter suffered a minor laceration, according to Talmadge.
She said the cause of the blaze remains under investigation.
fire, sffd, western addition, san francisco news
- Albertsons parent Cerberus to buy Safeway
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno killing 48 min ago
- Oakland mayor to deliver State of the City address
- Stockton port officials happy to receive Google barge
- Senate blocks change to military sex assault cases
- Oakland teen accused in AC Transit fire in court
- Batkid was scheduled to appear at Oscars
- Bryan Stow attackers charged with federal crimes
- Some have privacy concerns with wearable technology
- Isaiah Washington returning to 'Grey's Anatomy'
- Astronauts discuss impact of social media in space
- Wheel of Fortune is coming to Northern California!
- roundup: Nob Hill gas leak; Scam warning
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
- Peninsula cold case murders linked to Reno...
48 min ago