San Francisco News
Bicyclist accused of killing elderly pedestrian back in court
SAN FRANCISCO (KGO) -- The San Francisco bicyclist accused of running over and killing an elderly pedestrian was back in court today.
36-year-old Chris Bucchere is charged with felony vehicular manslaughter for allegedly running a red light last March at Castro and Market Streets.The district attorney says Bucchere was speeding and made no attempt to stop when he struck 71-year- old Sutchi Hui. The prosecutor rejected a request by Bucchere's lawyer to exempt him from appearing personally in court. "This is a form of a homicide. An innocent man who was crossing the street is no longer with us. The inconvenience it may cause Mr. Bucchere is irrelevant to me. He should be at every single court appearance for something so serious," San Francisco Asst. District Attorney Omid Talai said. Talai says he has not decided what kind of punishment Bucchere should face if he is found guilty.
san francisco news
- Family: Children's Hospital calls girl 'dead'
- Senator Harry Reid in hospital for observation
- BART Board president wants to ban transit strikes
- 'Wonder Girl' cancer patient is inspiration for Vallejo
- Garbage truck fatally strikes man in Tenderloin
- Car crashes into San Jose home this morning 22 min ago
- SFFD battle 1-alarm blaze near the Panhandle
- San Jose charity 3,000 short of toy distribution goal
- '628' area code to begin in '415' region in 2015
- VIRAL VIDEO: Oscars® Trailer: Ellen... 25 min ago
- abcnews: Dancing doctor gets tickets to Beyonce show
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: CPUC fines PG&E; Homeless memorial
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Friday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos