San Francisco News
Salt Lake City man, Marin County woman finish first in SF Marathon
SAN FRANCISCO -- A Salt Lake City man and a Marin County woman were the first runners to cross this finish line in the Wipro San Francisco Marathon this morning, according to unofficial results.Nathan Krah, a 26-year-old PhD student in human genetics at the University of Utah, was the men's competition winner, finishing the hilly 26.2-mile course that wound through the city and across the Golden Gate Bridge in 2 hours 26 minutes and 45 seconds, according to preliminary results.
"Even coming from a mountainous area, this was still really hard," Krah said in a statement after winning. "It was just an endless assault of hills."
Devon Crosby-Helms, 30, of San Anselmo, finished first among the women with a time of 2 hours 44 minutes 5 seconds, according to results.
"That was extremely satisfying," Crosby-Helms said in a statement.
"This was my third time racing here, and I really felt I had a good chance to win."
More than 7,000 runners took part in this year's marathon, alongside 18,000 people who participated in two separate half marathons, a 5K run and a Munchkins Kids Fun Run, organizers said.
san francisco bay, san francisco news
- Man killed after metal pipe crashes into car on I-580 13 min ago
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town 25 min ago
- Passenger vehicles face surprise inspections at SFO
- Deputies monitoring PG&E substation in San Jose
- UK official: London attack could be terror-related
- FBI: Man fatally shot in Boston bombing probe
- 49ers fear Michael Crabtree has torn Achilles
- IRS official Lois Lerner: I did nothing wrong
- Garcetti elected Los Angeles mayor over Greuel
- Snacking deputy's crash costs Santa Clara Co. $5M 25 min ago
- Rankings released of best and worst airlines
- abcnews: Top 10 highest-paid CEOs
- roundup: Harvey Milk events; SF shooting 36 min ago
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Wednesday
- Obama to visit tornado-ravaged Oklahoma town
25 min ago