San Francisco News
Salt Lake City man, Marin County woman finish first in SF Marathon
SAN FRANCISCO -- A Salt Lake City man and a Marin County woman were the first runners to cross this finish line in the Wipro San Francisco Marathon this morning, according to unofficial results.Nathan Krah, a 26-year-old PhD student in human genetics at the University of Utah, was the men's competition winner, finishing the hilly 26.2-mile course that wound through the city and across the Golden Gate Bridge in 2 hours 26 minutes and 45 seconds, according to preliminary results.
"Even coming from a mountainous area, this was still really hard," Krah said in a statement after winning. "It was just an endless assault of hills."
Devon Crosby-Helms, 30, of San Anselmo, finished first among the women with a time of 2 hours 44 minutes 5 seconds, according to results.
"That was extremely satisfying," Crosby-Helms said in a statement.
"This was my third time racing here, and I really felt I had a good chance to win."
More than 7,000 runners took part in this year's marathon, alongside 18,000 people who participated in two separate half marathons, a 5K run and a Munchkins Kids Fun Run, organizers said.
san francisco bay, san francisco news
- Two men shot, killed on I-880 in Oakland ID'd
- Photos released of suspect in violent SJ carjacking
- Cyclists converge in Livermore for Amgen Tour of CA 18 min ago
- Probe begins after Conn. commuter trains crash
- Police say realignment may be cause of crime spike
- Longshoreman killed after truck falls into water
- Newark police investigate officer-involved shooting
- Police investigate shootings that hospitalized two men
- Credit card skimming devices found at 2 gas stations
- Steve Wozniak to give Cal commencement speech
- Italian team calls for better safety for America's Cup
- abcnews: Men Struggle With Wives' Breast Cancer
- roundup: America's Cup race; Murder charges
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Saturday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos