San Francisco News
2 injured in Visitacion Valley shooting
SAN FRANCISCO -- Two people were seriously injured in a shooting in San Francisco's Visitacion Valley neighborhood this afternoon, police said.
Police received word of a fight in progress in the first block of Burr Avenue, near Argonaut Avenue, at 1:12 p.m., police spokesman Officer Albie Esparza said.
A minute later, dispatchers began getting reports that two people had been shot, he said.
The suspects, two males wearing hoodies, ran from the scene, Esparza said.
Emergency responders performed CPR on at least one of the victims, and both have been transported to San Francisco General Hospital, he said.
A large "hostile crowd" gathered in the street after the shooting, but Esparza said around 1:30 p.m. that it appeared things had calmed down.
Police Lt. Joseph Engler said both of the victims were male and that police are still looking for the suspects.
A pool of blood could be seen in the middle of Burr Avenue.
A resident of Argonaut Avenue said she was at home when she heard a commotion. She went to the window and saw people yelling at each other. A short time later, she heard two to three shots, then saw two people on the ground bleeding.
"We were so scared," she said.
The crime scene was cordoned off with police tape this afternoon as police investigated the shooting.
visitacion valley, shooting, san francisco news
- Secret Service investigating big Target data breach 30 min ago
- SJ store owner gets $1M for selling winning ticket
- Journals show students' despair, hope
- Behind-the-scenes: Saying farewell to 'The Stick'
- SUV crashes into gas station in Oakland 5 min ago
- Family holds prayer vigil for girl on life support
- Caltrans says Bay Bridge bolt problem fixed
- Two cars gifted in annual East Bay holiday tradition
- San Francisco considers ban on bottled water
- UC proposes plan to prevent deer, car collisions
- abcnews: Justin Bieber says 'I'm Retiring' from music
- Bay Area New Year's Eve fireworks and events
- roundup: Foreclosure program; Plastic water bottle ban
- weather: Bay Area weather forecast for Thursday
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos